Michigan is one of the 50 states of the United States of America. Living in Michigan, I realized how unique it is. Here’s 6 things I learned about Michigan:
- People from Michigan are called Michiganders. I know, it’s a weird word to say. Most Michiganders are super friendly too.
- Out of curiosity, I calculated how many Maltas you can fit into Michigan. With simple arithmetic, I calculated that you can fit 792 Maltas in Michigan. The area of Michigan is 250,493 km2 whilst that of Malta is 316 km2. The funniest shit I’ve ever heard. Michigan is huge!
- Michigan is the Great Lakes state. Shaping it are four lakes; Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, Lake Huron and Lake Erie, along with Lake Ontario that is slightly away from Michigan however forms part of the five Great Lakes. Lake Superior is the second largest lake in the world and Lake Michigan is the fifth.
- Eminem was born and raised in Detroit and you can actually drive by his house. It’s just standing there like any other regular house.
- Michigan is all suburbs which means you have to drive everywhere. The reason why is because Henry Ford revolutionized the mobile vehicle. It was his initial invention of the Model T in 1908 that made Michigan the heart of the automotive industry in America.
- Detroit used to be an underground hub for slaves to escape slavery in America and go to Canada. At the riverwalk in Detroit, there is a commemorative statue to pay tribute to the slaves.
Michigan really is a beautiful state and I loved spending four months living there. It’s somewhere you have to visit in your life!
Leave a Reply